Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

The lunch time compromise

If you've read my first post losing my blogging virginity you'll know that I have a food sensitivity to certain meats and various other items. Sometimes its hard to find that compromise that everyone will eat. I recently saw a pin on pinterest that said to put hotdogs into jiffy muffin mix to make corn dogs. We don't have jiffy muffin mix here in Canada, that I know of, and also I can't eat regular hotdogs. So this is what I came up with;

Improved corn dogs!
I used a corn meal muffin recipe from my favourite blog mennonite girls can cook. (The ladies that write this blog are amazing. I would love to just spend a day with them learning how to cook. They always have the best ideas and recipes). And instead of using regular hot dogs I used chicken hot dogs. Also, because I used a mini muffin tin I baked them for 13 minutes instead of the recommended 20 minutes. **The key is, make sure that you let them sit in the pan to cool for a couple minutes after you pull them out of the oven. It just needs that time to fuse all the goodness together. If you pull them out of the pan to quickly your muffins will be crumbly. **I know that going the grocery store and buying pogos is much easier and quicker, but unfortunately, I can't eat those and these seems like a somewhat healthier option with less sodium (did you know that 1 store bought pogo has 720 mg of sodium) YIKES! Also, I wouldn't have got to do this;
Baking with a naked chef is always a better option!!! He's 3 and he's going through the stage where he always has to be in just his underwear. I don't get it, AREN'T YOU COLD!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment