Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

BBQ Chicken Pizza

One night we ordered BBQ chicken pizza from Boston Pizza and I absolutely LOVED it and so did my hubby and kids. I thought it looked easy enough to try to duplicate, so I gave it a try. Now its an absolute favourite in our household.


 If you have left over chicken from previous suppers its great to cut up and use for this recipe. If you don't have left over chicken then get your hubby on grilling duty while you prepare the rest or vice versa!

I use the following recipe for pizza dough, calzones, and bread sticks. Its one of those versatile recipes that's great to have in your back pocket! 


In a small bowl combine in the following order;
1 tbsp yeast (I use Fleischmann's Traditional Active Dry yeast)
2 tsp sugar
1 cup of LUKEWARM water

DO NOT STIR! Just let it sit for 10 minutes or so; it should end up looking like this
While the yeast mixture is sitting combine the following ingredients;

2-1/2 cups flour (I use the Robin Hood NUTRI flour blend as a healthier option)
5 tbsp oil (I use EVOO)
1 tsp salt

When the yeast mixture is ready combine everything together and stir until it needs to be kneaded. If you need to add a tiny bit extra flour, go ahead. When you have finished kneading the dough let it sit for a bit. About 15 minutes or so.

Split the dough in half.
Grease 2 round pans with shortening
Put one half of the dough onto the pan and roll out to fit the size of your pan.
Then poke holes throughout the dough to allow air to escape so the dough doesn't puff up when you're cooking it. Let them sit for 15 minutes if you have time. If you don't that's ok it will just be a thin crust pizza.


Next I spread on BBQ sauce. I use Diana Sauce, Gourmet Honey Garlic. This BBQ sauce and chicken belong together! They're flavours are soul mates! Mmmmm......

Then add your chicken and grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese.



 Bake the pizza's at 375 degrees for 8 minutes then rotate pizzas and bake for an additional 8 minutes.

Since there is no veggies on this pizza, I serve it with a salad to make a more balanced meal

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment