Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Palate Pleaser!

I made this recipe a while ago and found that everyone in my family really enjoyed it! It was an all around palate pleaser!
The only down side of this recipe is time. Making the sauce takes over an hour and then you still have to put it all together and cook it for another 35 minutes.  On the other hand, I've found that the sauce makes enough for 2 recipes. So, I'll make the sauce recipe when I have time, split it into 2 batches and freeze one batch for another day.

The recipe is from the Looneyspoons recipe book by Greta and Janet Podleski. I love this book! They have some pretty tasty recipes in this book! Here is a link to the recipe yes we cannelloni and here is the nutritional information for all of you calorie counters calories in yes we cannelloni



It's Sunday, so I had lots of time to make this recipe at my leisure. I started after breakfast by chopping up the veggies and roasting them. Its great because the veggies just have to be in big chunks for roasting, so you don't have to spend tons of time chopping away.

The scrumptious smell of the roasting veggies fills the house with aromas that gets everyones mouth watering!

Tip: if you are using frozen spinach, pull it out of the freezer to dethaw ahead of time. At some point during the day its best to combine all the ingredients for the filling and let them sit in the fridge. 


Letting the ingredients sit in the fridge for a bit before you make the cannelloni really fuses all the  flavours together and allows the ingredients to stick together better. 

When I roll up the pasta sheets, I use a little sauce to help glue them shut so they'll stay closed in the pan along with the little bit of sauce in the bottom of the pan.

I find that my 9X13 pan doesn't quite fit all of the cannelloni so I put lots of sauce on the first layer and then just add the couple extra cannelloni's on top and add more sauce. 

Here's the end result of all of my  hard work.

It took a lot longer to make this recipe then it did for everyone to eat it! But that's ok, because everyone was happy and really enjoyed it. 

1 comments:

BitchyD said...

This looks fantastic! Now I'm hungry...

Post a Comment